RECLAIMED PALLET TRAY
A pallet that has qualities you would like to see in your tray. Old, beaten up or smooth and finished.
Pencil for marking lengths.
Wood glue, screws and screw driver.
Water based clear coat such as Benjamin Moore’s Stays Clear in Low Luster. Or Benjamin Moore paint in a pearl or semi-gloss.
A brush for the clear coat or paint.
Two handles, knobs or drawer pulls.
- Decide how long you would like your tray to be. Measure and mark three planks of your favorite looking pieces of wood from the pallet. 18” to 20” will be proportionate to 3 boards across.
- Cut where marked. Sand edges.
- Place these three pieces of plank together and measure how wide they are when side by side.
- Use this measurement to cut two more planks. Sand edges.
- Place the two pieces of wood across each end of the three pieces of wood. Glue and screw these from the underside of the tray.
- Clear coat or paint the tray. Two coats minimum.
- Once the tray is totally dry attach the handles.
And voila! A cool tray is born.