Distressed Chalk Paint Tables
- A piece of furniture with great bones but a tired finish
- 1 quart of Aura Matte finish paint
- Plaster of Paris
- Clear furniture wax, we used Claphams beeswax polish
- Foam Roller & Tray
- Paint Brush
- Medium Coarseness sandpaper
- Mixing/measuring containers
- Our tables had a high gloss finish, so we gave them a really quick scuff with sandpaper
- Measure one part Plaster of Paris with 3 parts Aura and mix well
- Apply paint evenly. The consistency will be fairly thick. We used the brush for the corners and smoothed over with the roller.
- Let dry and re-coat 1-2 more times
- Use sandpaper to distress along sides and edges
- We did two effects with the wax. One table has two coats of the clear wax. For the smaller table we used the wax darkened with a tiny bit of black paint for an even more distressed finish.
All supplies needed to create your own distressed chalk paint furniture at home!