DIY: PAINTED MASON JARS
Try Benjamin Moore: Ice Milk CSP-1025, Burnt Ember CSP-120 + accent with Citron 2024-30. The vases are fresh flower friendly too!
– An assortment of mason jars (size is up to you!)
– An assortment of Benjamin Moore’s Aura paint in any colour you like. Aura will adhere to the glass and provide a durable finish all in one!
– Foam brushes
– 50 grit sandpaper or sanding sponge
Note: If Aura is not available to you, use the Stix primer to create a base that will adhere to the glass. Once the Stix is dry you can use whatever paint you like.
1. Paint two coats of aura on mason jars. We painted the outside of our jars to allow for clean glass on the inside to accommodate water for fresh flowers.
2. Once the two coats are dry, use a sanding sponge or 50 grit sandpaper to distress the finish.
3. Remove the centre portion from the metal lids and screw the other potion back on, this adds a little sparkle and finishes the top nicely.